More information to come. Stay tuned!
Becoming an expert in grantsmanship does not happen overnight. There is no magical short course that leads to instantaneous funding. It takes experience and, equally important, continued guidance. As such, the goal of the Washington State University Grant Academy is to enable faculty to become more effective and efficient at writing grant proposals. Over the course of the program, members of the academy will work with expert proposal writers from the Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships (ORAP) to evaluate ideas as a viable product for both their research community and the funding agency. Members will learn to communicate these ideas and the associated research to gain enthusiasm and credibility in the eyes of reviewers.
Upon completion of the Grant Academy program, faculty will have a clear plan of attack, be more time-efficient preparing a proposal, and attain more awards. Additionally, they will develop a strategy for carving their niche and becoming leaders in their field.
- Department Chair Nomination
- Faculty must upload nomination communication from their department chair into the online application
- Attendance and active participation in classes
- Completing assignments
- Attend at least 10 seminars offered through the ORAP Information Sessions (6 core and 4 elective)
- Commitment to submit two proposals in Year 1, and at least one new proposal in Year 2
The kick off meeting includes an introduction to program expectations, student motivations, and an opportunity to meet past participants.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.