The Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
To be recognized as a premier research development office that empowers faculty by creating opportunities and providing support to advance their research, scholarship, and creative activities.
Our mission is to provide support for research initiatives and infrastructure; stimulate faculty collaborations; create a culture of productive grant writing; and increase funding success by assisting with the development of grant proposals.
Empower. Advance. Achieve.
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing training
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals – multidisciplinary with a budget greater than $1M
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Developing research partnerships
ORAP provides invaluable feedback and edits on my proposals. In addition, their team helps to structure and organize my application packages so that I can work more efficiently while not losing sight of my teaching and scholar responsibilities.
School of Biological Sciences
Thank you very much for your assistance with our DOE India – US proposal. I appreciate your efforts in making the proposal the best it could be. I appreciate all you do for WSU and other faculty.
-Dr. Noel Schulz