The National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation Program (MRI) provides organizations with opportunities to acquire major instrumentation that supports research and research training goals. Please read the full solicitation (NSF 23-519) before applying for the internal competition.
Limit Per University – Two submissions in Track 1, one submission in Track 2, and one submission in Track 3
- Track 1: funds requested from NSF greater than or equal to $100,000 and less than $1,400,000
- Track 2: funds requested from NSF greater than or equal to $1,400,000 up to and including $4,000,000
- Track 3: funds proposal requests that include the acquisition, development, installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment and instrumentation to reduce consumption of helium.
- Internal Deadline: August 30, 2023
- Internal Review: Coordinated by the Office of Research, for tracks with more than allotted submissions.
- Notification: September 15, 2023
- Submission: Faculty will work with their research administrators to complete the agency submission and follow standard eRex procedures to submit through WSU.
- Agency Deadline: November 15, 2023
Questions? Contact Cheryl Dykstra-Aiello by email at email@example.com.